In this tutorial, I will show you step by step method on how to install Python on Windows.
Visit Python’s official download page: https://www.python.org/downloads/ and download the latest version of Python. At the time of writing, it is Python 3.7.4.
To download, click on the “Download Python 3.7.4” button. You will be prompted to save the python-3.7.4.exe file. Click “Save File” to start downloading the file.
Installing Python on Windows
After you have downloaded the Python executable file.
1. Run the Python installer by clicking on the python-3.7.4.exe which will start the installation wizard.
Make sure you check the Add Python 3.7 to PATH checkbox. This option will allow you to use Python on the Windows command line and Powershell.
2. Click Install Now to start the installation process.
Wait for a few minutes for Python to install.
3. After Python has finished the installation process, you should see a window saying that Setup was successful.
Click on the Close button to close the setup window.
Verifying the Installation
Before we call it quits, let us verify that Python has been successfully installed.
1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows logo key and the R key at the same time.
Type cmd in the dialog and click on the ok button to open the Windows command-line.
2. After the Windows command line opens, type the python command on the prompt and you should see something like the screenshot below:
Congratulations, you have now successfully installed Python on your system.